To lose weight it is necessary to increase metabolic rate of body. Dietitians, gym instructor, doctors all advice you to do exercises that help in increasing metabolic rate of body. Whenever you tired to do exercise then it is advisable to increase that fruits and vegetables in diet that help in increasing metabolic rate of body. Since it is important to increase metabolic rate of body it is really important to understand the meaning of metabolism and metabolic rate of body. Here we define meaning of metabolic rate and its importance in weight loss in detail.
Meaning of Metabolism
The chemical transformation of body cells of living organisms is known as metabolism of the body. Two types of metabolism takes place in body Anabolism and Catabolism. Anabolism are reactions take place in body that use energy of body to make nucleic acid and protein that help in repair and reproduce new cells in body. Catabolism is chemical reactions take place in body that produces energy for anabolism by breaking down of organic matters in body.
Understand Metabolic Rate of Body
Metabolic Rate is also called as Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) which is the rate of expenditure of minimum energy by warm blood when organism is at rest. In simple words BMR can be defined amount of calories uses by body as fuel for function properly. When age of organism increases the BMR of body tend to decrease, it also decreases with decrement of body mass. BMR of body increase when muscle mass of body increases. With Cardio exercises and with aerobic exercises one can increase the metabolic rate of body effectively. To calculate accurate BMR of the body certain parameters like gender, age, weight and height is required.
Importance of Metabolism in Human Body
- Metabolism plays an important role to lose weight of body. High metabolic rate can help in losing more weight by burning more calories of body during physical activities and even body at rest.
You might know few people who have unhealthy eating habits but they are neither fat nor obese this is because their genetic makeup is such that they have natural high metabolic rate which burn body’s extra calories and such people need not to do much physical exercises. But people those don’t have naturally high metabolic rate need to do physical exercise and add food in their diet which help to increase metabolic rate of body.
- The composition of human body consist of bones, organs and muscles collectively known as lean mass which is comprised by fats too. Muscle mass and metabolism has close relation. If you have more muscle mass then your metabolic rate is also high while doing any physical activity or if your body at rest. Hence it is always advice to increase protein in your diet if you are doing hard physical exercises for weight loss as protein help in build muscles in increase muscles mass of body.
Due to the difference in Lean mass there is difference in body weight of male and female. It has been observed male has more lean mass than female. Also after the age of 30 metabolic rate of body start decreasing which results in to weight gain, no matters if you are male or female or whatever you have genetic makeup. It is necessary to take care of diet to maintain metabolic rate and avoid unnecessary weight gain.
Some Ways to Boost Metabolic Rate of body
- By doing some cardio exercises like jumping, rope jumping, aerobics, can help in boosting metabolic rate of body. It is good to do cardio exercise at least for 30 minutes for long lasting results. These exercises will not only help in increasing metabolic rate of your body but also help in balancing body hormones which help you in controlling hunger cravings for long hours.
- Protein helps in building new cells and muscles in the body. During your weight loss program it is good to increase protein rich diet in your body which helps in increasing body muscle mass and maintain metabolic rate of body.
- If you don’t have habit to drink tea or coffee then add this habit today to lose body weight. Tea or coffee consists of caffeine which is the natural booster for metabolism which helps in effective weight loss. You can make use of green tea also to boost metabolic rate. It is good to drink a cup of tea or coffee before workout, it will help in burning calories more quickly.
- Spice will not only add flavor in your dish but can also add in your life by help you in losing weight of body. Increase amount of little spicy food in your diet which also help in boosting metabolic rate and reducing weight of body. Spicy food also keeps you away from food for long hours i.e. it helps you in controlling hunger cravings.
- You can also take a help of dietitian to prepare a diet chart for you that can help in boost up your metabolic rate and reduce weight of body.
By understanding the meaning of metabolism and metabolic rate it is more convenient for people to make the strategy of weight loss program. Also above mention tips can help you in boosting metabolic rate and help you in reaching to your weight loss goal.