Losing weight can be very hard for some people. We all live busy and hectic lifestyles so it might seem really hard to find the time to lose weight. The truth is with a few small adjustments to your daily routine you could be well on your way to losing weight fast!
Here are our top 10 weight loss tips:
- Become more active – You don’t have to go crazy and run a marathon straight off the bat but even walking 10-30 mins a day can speed up your weight loss. If you travel on public transport consider walking to the next stop before jumping on the bus or get off a stop or two early before walking home. A walk each day can also be a great way to de-stress.
- Eat healthier – Just try to cut down on fatty, sugary, greasy foods. Try and cut out or cut down to a minimum eating chips, chocolate, sweets, sugar, biscuits etc. I know easier said then done. But remember nature provides a lot of delicious sweet tasting fruits like mango’s, oranges, pineapple etc. Just snack on these or whole almonds if you need to snack.
- Eat more frequently – No we don’t mean huge platefuls! Believe it or not everyone thinks you need to eat less. It’s all about portion control. Cutting out meals can have a negative effect, your body might get shocked into believing it needs to store the fat to allow you to survive starvation. Just eat small HEALTHY portions 6 times a day. That way you constantly stay full and you don’t end up eating huge portions and eating at the wrong times like just before bed time!
- Drink plenty of water – Believe it or not a lot of people are dehydrated. Don’t drink water constantly or too much at once as too much water isn’t good for you but the Institute of Medicine determined that men should drink roughly 3 litres (about 13 cups) of total beverages a day. Women should drink around 2.2 litres (about 9 cups) of total beverages a day. The other benefit of drinking water is it makes you feel less hungry.
- Sleep well – Try to get plenty of sleep. Sleep helps you feel more energized, active and stress free during the day which equates to burning more calories!
- Don’t do it alone – It’s a good idea to start a diet or going to the gym with a buddy. That way you can encourage each other on and you are more likely to stick at it.
- Don’t buy or have junk food in your house – It’s always harder to say no if something’s to hand or easily gotten. Best not to give in to temptation.
- De-Stress – Some people tend to eat more when stresses. It makes them feel better. Think about what you like to do to distress? Consider taking up Yoga, going to the gym or getting a massage.
- Set a goal – Its good to have a target weight to aim for, don’t set an unrealistic target or you might be destined to fail. Set an achievable target and once you reach it you can think about setting a new one.
- Don’t weigh yourself too often – This is a very common mistake. It can take time to lose weight and weighing yourself all the time will just make you upset if you haven’t lost anything and might make you want to quit. Weighing yourself once per week is enough.